2. Today my feet didn't feel great at all. I have been packing for our move and my feet are sadly neglected. I am in desperate need of a pedicure and my paint is chipping. I can't wear sandals or any open toed shoes and need to wear flats for comfort. I don't feel fashionable and am embarrassed at my outfit choice. I wish I had more time and didn't feel so stressed.
Happy Feet Heather
Heather wakes up and cant wait to star her day. She is well rested and her body is feeing great. She jumps into the shower to start her day. As she is in there she thinks about her agenda and meetings and ponders how to plan a fabulous outfit around her favorite shoes. She loves to wear her leopard heels, especially to big meetings or events since they always seem to bring her luck. As she heads into the office she has a spring in her step and feels as though she is still wearing bedroom slippers. She heads from one meeting to the next, confident and enthusiastic. She can tackle anything that comes her way. As she is getting read to head out for the day, her co-worker stops her in the hallway to ask her about her fabulous shoes. Heather pauses and decides to keep her "secret weapon" a secret and pretends to forget where she got these shoes. She stops at the gym for a killer workout and picks up her favorite meal for takeout to reward herself for a great day. She gets changed for bed and puts her shoes back into their box - almost like they were being put on a pedestal. As she heads to bed and begins to fall asleep she thinks about how blessed she is to have had such a successful day and can't wait to see what tomorrow holds.
Painful Feet Patty.
As her alarm goes off Patty quickly hits snooze and groans, Her body is aching her from her crazy day yesterday and her poor decision to wear her new shoes all day at the office. She hits snooze two more times and eventually rolls out of bed. As she stands in the shower letting the hot water pour over her body, she wishes she could just jump back into bed. She tries on a few outfits and even pulls out a pair of heels, but today is just not that day. She looks at herself in the mirror, frustrated that she has to wear such an unflattering outfit complete with boring shoes. She is already running late and rushes out the door without her cellphone. She feel frustrated and lost all day.
As she walks through the office, she feels like people are judging and staring at her. She decides to take her last meeting as a conference call from her office rather than walk the 50 yards to the conference room. During the call she takes her shoes off and closes her door, frantic to find something in her purse that will soothe her aching feet and muscles. She skips the gym and grabs some fast food - hoping this will make her feel better, but 30 minutes after eating she just regrets her decision and feels even worse. She takes two advil and climbs into bed, hoping that tomorrow will be better.
As she walks through the office, she feels like people are judging and staring at her. She decides to take her last meeting as a conference call from her office rather than walk the 50 yards to the conference room. During the call she takes her shoes off and closes her door, frantic to find something in her purse that will soothe her aching feet and muscles. She skips the gym and grabs some fast food - hoping this will make her feel better, but 30 minutes after eating she just regrets her decision and feels even worse. She takes two advil and climbs into bed, hoping that tomorrow will be better.
4. I certainly relate more to Heather, although I feel like I have had to have my fair share of Patty days to get where I am today. How my feet feel and look plays a big part in my day. It dictates what shoes I wear, how I can dress and even how I feel. Recently I wore one of my new dresses with my favorite shoes and a co-worker said "you know I need to take some fashion tips from you, you always look so put together". More often than not, if my feet look good they feel good and vice versa. This weekend was a great example of the exception. I need a pedicure and then I can't wear open toe shoes or sandals. As I mentioned above, I have been moving and I don't have time to get a pedicure. I have to sacrifice the time it would take to do this because I'm so busy with other things in my life. I also made the mistake of packing and moving several boxes in flip flops because they were right there and it seemed like a good idea at the time. I could tell that my feet were achy and swollen by the end of today and I should have made a better choice - but I was rushing.
5. My secret weapon in the story IS my secret weapon in real life. I love those shoes and I feel like a million bucks when I wear them. I am never worried about how long I will need to wear them. I can focus on my job and the task at hand knowing that I'm not going to be wishing that I wore a different pair of shoes come lunchtime.



Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this third blog!
ReplyDelete